Robinsons Townville is the chain of community malls of Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc. Situated near schools and residential areas, Robinsons Townville offers convenient shopping opportunities in the neighborhood with the presence of its anchor stores. These include Robinsons Supermarket, Robinsons Department Store, Robinsons Appliances, Handyman, Daiso Japan and South Star Drug.
Robinsons Townville is committed to safeguard your privacy online. In general, you can visit the Site without revealing any information about yourself. Robinsons Townville does collect technical information regarding visits to our Web site, such as IP address, browser type, operating system, and average time spent, to measure use, audit logs, and improve the content of our site. We analyze these data for trends and statistics to help us provide you with better and secure service.
We will only request information from you, such as your name, address and e-mail address, in order to respond to inquiry, participate in certain promotions, conduct survey, and approve an application to allow access to specific information and to enroll with our card product services.Any information you provide will be used for Robinsons Townville purposes only. It will not be shared with outside individual or any other company, such as direct mail organizations or other third parties, unless required by law. However, Robinsons Townville reserves the right to share such information with its parent company and affiliates and may need to provide your name and delivery address to third parties that Robinsons Townville uses for delivering specific services to you (such as support services for courier purposes).
Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether recorded in a material from or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
Why do we collect your personal data?
To enable us to comply and achieve our corporate policies and vision as well as to comply with regulatory requirements being observed by Robinsons Townville as an employer, controller processor and third party, it is important that robinsonstownville.ph collects, uses, stores and retains your personal data when it is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
- For you to subscribe/unsubscribe to our e-newsletters;
- To generate statistical insights;
- To conduct research and analysis (through surveys or polls) in order to improve customer experience/satisfaction;
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, requests or to provide requested information;
- To provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently; and,
- To notify and update you (through call, text or email0 about our complimentary, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, exclusive invites discounts, surveys, and other direct marketing that we deemed relevant and beneficial to you based on your preference and interest initially provided to us or made aware of, with which you can opt-out anytime should you prefer not to receive these notifications.
- To comply with Robinsons Townville obligations under law and as required by government organizations and/or agencies such as, but not limited to, the following: NPC, BIR, HDMF or Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, SSS and so on;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and,
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
What type of personal data we collect?
The types of personal data that we will collect from you depends on the particular purpose for which you are submitting an application. The common type of data collected by Robinsons Townville from you, generally includes the following:
- Basic personal information such as full name, nickname, home addresses/billing address/shipping address, e-mail address, employment information, telephone, other personal contact numbers, username and password;
- Sensitive personal information such as date of birth, age, occupation, and gender; and,
- Other sensitive personal information and records such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Educational background,
- Employment record,
- Family background,
- Spouse and children’s names,
- Financial details (e.g., credit card details),
- Valid identification cards and licenses, and
- Current salary, basic pay, statutory obligations such as HDMF or Pag-IBIG, SSS, PhilHealth and withholding tax, other benefits.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all such personal data you submit through the robinsonstownville.ph is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Is the robinsonstownville.ph using web analytics?
Data generated is not shared randomly with any other party but only to those that Robinsons Townville deems it necessary at its sole discretion in order to benefit you and improve your shopping or browsing experience. For you to fully enjoy your visit and browsing experience, only non-identifiable web traffic data are collected and analyzed, including:
- Your IP address,
- The search terms you used,
- The pages and internal links accessed on our site,
- The date and time you visited the site,
- The referring site or platform (if any) through which you clicked through to this robinsonstownville.ph
- Your operating system, and
- Web browser type.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive (a) cookie(s) or if you wish to set your browser to notify when you receive (a) cookie(s). click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website/mobile application.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable permissions (e.g., location services). Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
What about the links to third-party websites?
Who we share your personal data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in circumstances as noted below.
By giving your consent, you authorize Robinsons Townville to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
Robinsons Townville is very sensitive to privacy issues and we are especially careful in any communications with one of our most treasured customers – children. Robinsons Townville would never collect personal data from children directly, without the parent’s consent.
Personal data collected from children is used solely by Robinsons Townville or other entities that provide technical, fulfillment or other services to Robinsons Townville. for example, such entities may provide services, such as, improving our services/web sites, and fulfilling requests or administering promotions. These personal data are not sold.
Meanwhile, we urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s on-line activities.
How we protect you personal data?
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Any personal data that you provide on the website/mobile application is initially processed and stored by Robinsons Townville using a secured connection, only authorized Robinsons Townville personnel can then access and download your personal data from the robinsonstownville.ph.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
Where and how long do we keep your personal data?
We reserves the right to retain and keep the information we gathered from you in our facilities located in the Philippines while you are a customer or until we no longer need it for business, tax, or legal purposes or unless you request your personal data to be deleted in the system or when your personal data may be necessary to resolve disputes, or if Robinsons Townville is required to do so by law or in good faith; provided that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or protect and defend the rights or property of Robinsons Townville or its affiliates. If Robinsons Townville is required to retain any portion of your personal data for such purposes, it shall use reasonable efforts to limit such data to what is necessary to accomplish the particular purpose. When we dispose of your personal information, we use reasonable procedures to destroy it or make it unreadable (such as shredding or by wiping electronic data).Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
How you can access correct and update the personal data we have about you?
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer
(Corporate Name of the BU)
110 E. Rodriguez Junior Avenue, Bagumbayan, Quezon City
Email address: email@example.com
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy .go.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Our decisions to provide such access or consider any request for correction, erasure and objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records are always subject to any exceptions under applicable and relevant laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.
To cover for the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested, we may charge you minimal and reasonable fees based on administrative costs we incurred.